Baked Chicken Thighs with peppers and onions are cooked to perfection, packed with delicious flavors. Tender, moist and ohh so, flavorful. What can you ask for??
When the onions and peppers are caramelized, they also have this unique flavor when combined. Added the marinade on top of it, plus the juice of the chicken that comes out.
In fact, you don’t need a sauce, since the Chicken comes out with a sauce after baking. Just scoop and put it on top your rice. 😊 You can also serve this with quinoa, mashed potatoes, or pasta.
We love chicken at home. It is easy to cook and prepare. You can make so many wonders with chicken. Whether it is whole chicken, chicken breast, thighs, wings, drumsticks, leg quarters. It is always available in our freezer. I try to stock up especially if it is on sale.
The recipe that I am going to share today is somewhat adapted to Chicken Fajitas. Using a bone in chicken thigh. I preferred it marinated so that the meat will absorb the flavors aside from adding moisture and it also helps in making your meat tender.
HOW TO MARINATE THE CHICKEN
Marinade is a liquid solution used in soaking your raw foods. It refers to herbs, spices, and acidic liquid.
My ingredients to marinate the Chicken are, juice of the lime (you can substitute 1 tbsp vinegar), soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, paprika and chili flakes.
The last 2 (paprika & chili flakes) are optional, if you don’t have these spices it is ok. Your marinated chicken still tastes great. I just used Paprika to add color to my chicken. Although if you want to ask, PAPRIKA has a sweet pepper flavor without the heat.
FOR THE CHICKEN
Pat your chicken with paper towel, then season it with salt, pepper and paprika. Place it in a container. (Ziploc will do to). By the way, you can also use Chicken drumstick or Chicken leg quarters in this recipe. It just so happen that I love Chicken thigh. 🙂
Combine all your marinade ingredients, mix well then pour it to your chicken. It is best to marinate your meat overnight. But a few hours will do.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN WITH PEPPERS & ONIONS
Prepare your casserole dish. I used an oval one just enough to fit 6 chicken thighs. Cut your peppers and onions into strips. Place ¾ of the cut strips on your prepared dish.
Taking your chicken meat out and reserving your marinade, then place it on top of your onions and peppers.
Add the remaining peppers and onions.
Pour the reserved marinade evenly on top.
Bake it for 60 minutes or 1 hour in 350 degrees F, or until your internal temperature reaches to 165, and the juices are running clear. Stick your meat thermometer deep into the chicken, try not to hit the bone. It is to ensure that your cooked meats and poultry reach a safe internal temperature and food safety.
Please check out other easy & delicious Chicken Recipes
BAKED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH PEPPERS & ONIONS
- 6 pcs Chicken thighs
- 1 pc Onion - medium size
- 1 pc Red pepper
- 1 pc Green pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 pc Lime - juice of a lime 1 tbsp vinegar is you don't have lime
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika (optional)
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- Marinating your ChickenPat your chicken dry using a paper towel. Season your chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. Place it in a container or Ziploc.Season your chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. In small bowl, mix soy sauce, lime juice or vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, and chili flakes (optional if you don't want spicy). Pour you mixture to your chicken. Combine it well. Marinate for at least 6 hours, for best result is overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice your peppers and onions into strips. Reserve 1/4 of it.
- Prepare you casserole dish. Place your sliced peppers and onions at the bottom of your casserole dish.
- Take your marinated chicken (reserve the juice) from your container and arrange each one on top of your peppers and onions, then distribute the remaining peppers & onions on top of your chicken.
- Pour the reserved juice from your marinade on top of your prepared chicken.
- Baked it for 1 hour , or until the internal temperature is 165.
Enjoy your meal and thanks for stopping by 🙂